As much as I love eating Tom Yam in a restaurant famous by the name Midnight,I adore the discussions we usually have as a family.This time,it was pretty much more towards Ayai's life in school.Ayai was asking Papa for a pair of sports shoes.And from there on,tensions seemed to get high.Mami kept on asking what happened to Ayai's old pair of shoes.Followed by other similar questions such as where did most of his stuff went and how come he can just lend his stuff to other people.You know,the typical questions usually asked by parents if their child goes to a boarding school.In the end,Ayai went dead silent as Mami went on with her speech.Both Mami & Papa made a conclusion by telling Ayai not to lend his stuff ever to anybody despite them being unable to afford something that Ayai has.
Well frankly,this is something he has to figure out himself.I absolutely understand how parents can be when it comes to their children being in boarding schools.To them,they think their children's lives in boarding school can be so much better if and only if their children listen to each and every one of their advices.But sadly,their children's lives are not to be compared to a game of Monopoly or Life.Things can be a lot different in the hostels than what parents expect.If we do this and that,it doesn't necessarily mean that life can go as swell as they planned it too.Sometimes,the kids have to abide certain rules to get through boarding school life.If being a goody-goody person seems like the perfect strategy for parents,it may seem annoying to others in the school.So,my personal advice to Ayai is,just do what you think is right.And if problems start to show up from time after time,you don't really have to tell all of them to Mami & Papa.They'll get overprotective.You can come to your experienced brothers like Abg Fathul or the recently shiny-headed Im.We've been through pretty much everything.With our combined experiences,I'm pretty much sure you'll have,I'm not saying perfect but, a nicer life in boarding school.Abg Fathul's been in a fight with a 3rd former when he was just in Form 1,I've been in a dispute with a 5th former on the 1st night there.Abg Fathul's been sick every now and then over an unfinished project,I've been a slave for 1st formers overprotective parents.But despite all those sorrow moments,we've had a blast though.We've both been to Japan through an exchange student programme.We've been here and there for tournaments and competitions.
Keep on striving.I know you can do it.You're the son of Kamarizan :)
No comments:
Post a Comment