20110110

driver's license

Yeah.I know what you're thinking.But hey!I wasn't all that excited about it.I was pretty much like,OK.I was quite eager to take it.But then again,I wasn't dying to register.I'm not like those people who keep on writing on Facebook the things that occurred to them during the test and all.I went on with my life.Watching viral videos on Youtube through Ray William Johnson's awesome channel during the day.Continued with How I Met Your Mother and Castle in the afternoon.And to close off the so-called awesome day,another episode of How I Met Your Mother would be watched alongside some news at midnight accompanied by a cup of tea.

When it was time for the driving lesson(8th jan 2011),I woke up pretty early as usual.But this time,I succeeded in preventing myself from falling asleep again.Well,I had to.Or else,I might not get a driver's license.If there were no lesson on that day,I would have either go for a morning jog or do the exercise all in my bed through my dreams.The teacher came to fetch me.Like other visitors,she had a problem searching my house.The moment i reached the center,I was searching for familiar faces.And to my agony surprise,I spotted a face.A girl,wearing her tudung as if depicting Yuna.Fair skin.It seemed as if I found a friend.But I had to be sure.I was so busy trying to identify the girl that I failed to notice another person close by that would change my day.

As I was busy looking at the girl,I kind of made enemies with the lady at the counter.Long story short,I entered the classroom feeling quite awful.Kuantan,as you know,has people who originated from Terengganu and Kelantan.So,it was no surprise that I couldn't really understand the person beside me.His accent wasn't pure Terengganu-ish?But it was still hard for my brain to process his words into something I could understand.While waiting for the class to begin,another familiar face came inside.This time I was pretty sure that the familiar face was Wafie's girl.However,she later was asked to move to another class.

The moment of truth arrived shortly after.The teacher was checking the attendance.Pfft.As if anybody's going to tardy on a 1-day lesson.So,I was waiting for the teacher to call this name that was playing around my mind.And as if this was a movie full of suspense,the girl raised her hand to the name of Najihah.There you go.All the hopes and dreams,shattered in mere seconds.Despite the disappointing reality,I was soon about to encounter some signs of encouragement.The teacher said called announced Ezzaty Rizdiana.


Ezzaty Rizdiana
That name.It seemed so familiar.In moments,I was having an awesome flashback.It was the year 2000.In a class called 1 Pintar.There was this girl.A tough competitor for me.We were pretty much always fighting for the top ranking in class for each exams.We stood by each other for roughly 4 years.If we weren't sitting next to each other,than we would most probably be sitting close no matter the position of the tables.She then moved as 2004 was the new 2003 at the time.Sometime in 2005,I found out that our schools weren't far apart.Got the chance to have a few chats with her when my bus stopped by her school to pick up the students from there.Exchanged phone numbers,and we still contacted each other until 2009.Then,we sort of lost track of each other even though she went to SEMSAS.

Sitting a few rows back,I was bedazzled with the information my brain was recalling.Had I found a way to enjoy the lesson or was I in for another dull day of blabbering.Before the 1st lesson started,the teacher gave us 30 minutes to have breakfast at the nearby canteen.I guess I was going to find out eventually if it was her or not.Walking alone towards the canteen,I had to queue up in what seemed to be the longest line I've ever been in.After a few minutes of standing exactly at the same spot,I decided to go back to the class.To my surprise delight,she was sitting at a table just within 1 meter radius of me.The face was similar although there were some small changes due to age and puberty.Her body was still small.Just like how I teased her back in the days.She kinds of caught me staring at her.I smiled.Unfortunately,she threw me a puzzled look.It was either she had forgotten me or I was making an absolute fool out of myself.I continued walking back to the classroom feeling dejected.

I took some time to cool down my blushing face.Then,I took out my phone and checked the phone book.Scrolling down until I found the name Ezzaty Rizdiana.I tried calling,and there was a tune.I was sure I can solve this problem.I texted her if she was taking a driver's license.Abiding the fact that she didn't recognize my number,she texted back that she was indeed taking driving lessons at the place.I was indeed delighted by the information.After numerous encounters,she still gave that puzzled look.But during the following lunch-break,everything seemed OK.

As it turned out,she was short-sighted and had difficulties seeing me from a far distance.She had her specks.But she told me she doesn't wear them occasionally.Only during classes.When I asked her to put them on,she declined and said it would ruin her tudung.Hahahaa.But it was still fun talking with her.Pretty much one of my friends in over a decade,I had no problem in having a decent chat with her.It was amazing as I usually had problems in engaging in a conversation with my other old schoolmates.Amazingly with Ezzaty Rizdiana,it was as if we were from the same school recently.

In a nutshell (typical Malaysian high school's English essay's vocab),it was such a joy to have such a great friend back.It was pretty much over a decade when we first met,fought and shared laughs with each other.And ironically,we still did that on that day.Having friends is easy as ABC.But having a good friend needs some effort from both parties and some experience along the way.If getting a good friend is a tough enough,then it must be nearly impossible to find a best friend.Whatever it is,I'm just so glad that I actually have a childhood friend whom I know for more than a decade now.

*Now,if only I can find a picture of us during the old days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment