With Facebook being a haven for stalkers & unwanted eyes, it's better to revert to other alternatives. Twitter sounded like a nice idea. But then again, there will be people following you. And the worst part is when they ask you to allow you to let them follow you. Confusing? Nevertheless, Twitter isn't 'safe' enough for me. Actually, what I'm trying to do is run away from my Uniten colleagues. I've got to admit, I've started to loving them. But there are things that aren't meant to be shared with everyone. I've been struggling to control what I say on both Facebook & Twitter. I just can't express myself without offending anyone there. Apparently, there's an old virtual warehouse that I've left for quite some time. This blog, duh.
Let's see what I can think of.
Uniten's awesome. I would totally regret entering UiTM Puncak Alam if I knew how it would turn out to be here. Don't get me wrong. UiTM's awesome. I know I won't have much of a problem there. My peeps from SDAR are scattered everywhere there. But then again, we tend to take for granted with the things we have. Maybe if I entered there, I might get carried away and eventually do badly in the tests.
Mothers know best. That's what I've been telling myself for the past few years whenever I feel/know my mom is doing something wrong. Of course they're planning for our own good being. I was a bit frustrated when my mom pushed me to enter Uniten instead of UiTM. But I calmed down, and told myself it's for my own good. I tried to find it's pros and put aside any possible cons. And look what has happened.
The thing about Uniten is, it's just awesome in terms of cultural exchange. I've experienced it. Even if there weren't any sort of cultural performance or activity, just a simple classroom activity can expose you to all sorts of ethnics. I've also learned how to be aware of the sensitivity of other races. Back in SDAR, there weren't any problem in saying the word 'keling'. Now, everything you think of must be filtered before it comes out of your mouth. Just a simple word can spark a disastrous fight.
I would consider myself racist. It's a good thing I'm Malay. I'm not really that close with the Malays in my section. We do say hi and so. But we seldom hang out or walk together to classes. I've found a comfort zone amongst the Chinese, Indians and Eurasians. Maybe it's I find it fun to speak in English than Malay. The best thing is, everyone talks to me in English but talks in Malay with the other Malays. I keep on asking them why. So far, I haven't really got a concrete answer.
 |
| 1Malaysia Cultural Night |
 |
| Fellow classmates |
 |
| Making the sangfu look good |
 |
| A final picture together as Foundation students |
 |
| Aida, Raymond & Chee Zhi, three super awesome inspirations of mine |
No comments:
Post a Comment