1st syawal 1431 Hijrah...
Selamat Hari Raya & Maaf Zahir Batin to all Muslims & Muslimahs in the world.
The morning was spent in the nearby mosque.Frankly,I've been at my topmost behavior during the khutbah.This year,I managed to stay awake for about 90% of the khutbah.The same goes for the following khutbah for the Friday prayers.Felt quite proud of myself.
Later,we had a photo session inside our house.Took photos of the whole family.Even with the cats.That got my nose all twitching due to the cats' fur.After the apologies session,we headed to my brother's grave.If he was still alive,he would be 9 years old.But no matter how long it's been since his death,we still call him Baby Wan.
We headed straight to KL afterwards.We didn't go to Jerantut to meet my father's side of the family as we went there the previous to break the fast.Besides,dad was on-call on raya.So,it would be no point to go there if dad wasn't coming.But seriously,I'm quite ashamed to say that I hardly recognize my father's family.Those who I know are my grandparents and some of my aunts and uncles.My cousins?Sorry.I couldn't even remember their names.Never have I chatted with them like the way I chatted with my mom's side of the family.I'm not even sure who's Mak Long and who's Mak Lang.
Reached Bangi,to be exact,at roughly 7.00 pm.We had our Maghrib prayers together and had dinner.It was exciting as my mom has 8 siblings.My mom's the second last.And to top that off,some of my cousins have their own babies.So,it's pretty much like a kindergarten there.
I'm quite disappointed as my time in Kuantan won't be long.On Monday,I'll be back in KL to get ready for the trip to Bangkok,Thailand.From Tuesday,I'll take a flight with my family and will be back on the following Saturday.Sadly,I might not have the chance to wish goodbye and good luck to some of my friends who will get back to school on Saturday.And I just realized that my primary school was going to have school on this Friday.So,there goes another chance to visit the people there.This vacation might sound exciting and all,but I've just realized that I'll be missing lots and lots of things.
But to get what we want,we sometimes have to sacrifice a few things.We can't have everything.So,opening a door of opportunities means closing another door of opportunities.
Now,for Bangkok.The one thing that always disturbs me each time i go for a family vacation overseas is the souvenirs.CHECKLIST!Classmates.Teachers.Those who have given me souvenirs from their trip overseas.That person I love?
Hoping to meet those who I've met during the JENESYS programme...
No comments:
Post a Comment