20101230

doing the impossible


Wow!I'm doing it.I'm teaching a female homosapien about the world of football.But we're more focusing on the Spanish giants Barcelona since she's about to fall into the abyss of despair.Or should I say Program Latihan Khidmat Negara.She'll definitely be a national hero to Malaysia.Well,I guess I won't because I wasn't picked.Hahahaaa.



FC Barcelona

How did I get obsess with this team?It's easy.This was the 1st team I used when I played the game Winning Eleven on the PlayStation 2 console.And ever since then,I kept on using this team.Here's a bit of what I know about the team.

Spaniards.
The team looks similar to Spain's national team.They have David Villa as the center striker with Pedro Rodriguez at his left.The midfield comprises of the dynamic duo Xavi-Iniesta.Xavier Hernandez plays on the right while Andres Iniesta controls the left.Sergio Busquets takes on the role of defensive midfield.Standing tall at the back are Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique.Those two play in the heart of the defence for both Barcelona and Spain.The stopper for the team is Victor Valdes.Eventhough he's the 3rd choice keeper for Spain,he's been such a great factor for Barcelona's amazing number of conceded goals.Besides those 8,Argentine-ace Lionel Messi plays right striker.The rightback is the one and only Brazilian Daniel Alves while the leftback is Eric Abidal from France.

Those who have gone.
Before the team won the Champions League in 2009,they did it before in 2006.Back then,they had Samuel Eto'o from Cameroon.He played a significant role in scoring goals and increasing the chances of winning.He transferred to Inter Milan just after scoring a goal during the Champions League against Manchester United.He did the unthinkable again at Inter Milan when he helped the team achieved the treble.Pedro had to work hard to get to the 1st eleven.But it took him some time because Ronaldinho was there before.The Brazilian never failed to entertain the fans by showing some awesome skills which eventually led to a cross or even a goal.He later achieved the FIFA Best Player of the Year Award and moved to AC Milan where he was not heard much of than before.A Brazilian-born Portugese was playing in Busquets place a few years back.Deco with the help of Xavi and Iniesta controlled the ball in midfield.But somehow,he decided to go to Stamford Bridge to play for Chelsea.Unfortunately,he failed to impress the manager and spends most of his time on the bench.


Frankly,I was once one of those boys who would ask what's the big deal with soccer.I would always wonder why would people be so eager to read the back of the newspaper.It's just people kicking a ball.But to my surprise,my interest in the matter grew bigger.And as it turned out,I'm pretty much one of those people who turn the papers around just to read the sports section.

No comments:

Post a Comment