20110526

Mother Knows Best

Here I am, alone in my room. Recalling the talk I just had with my Mami a short while ago while holding back the low count of tears left within me. I admit, I've been crying on a few occasions which when thought upon should not be cried for. But roughly half an hour ago, I shed my tears because of Mami.

I can't type exactly what she said. But one thing's for sure, she knows what's best for me.

We never usually do the talk. Usually it was some blabbering and I would nod my head a few times and scram off. This time, she called upon me and made me sit beside her. Thus, forming some kind of connection which would not alter my focus upon her. Her voice was low. It wasn't an angry tone, yet it was stern. Somewhere hidden behind those sentences was a disappointed soul. She told me how ashamed she was of me for some doings and how she wanted me to turn out. The freedom she gave me, somehow starts to worry her about what I'm becoming. In between sentences, a drop of tear started to form in my eyes. From time to time, the tears started to trickle down slowly along my cheeks. I scratched my cheeks, while the main reason was to actually wipe away the tear.

As Mami ended her talk, I stared blankly in the air thinking on what I have done. Then came the downpour.

I gave Mami a hug and mumbled the words "I'm sorry".




Whenever Mami scolds me for doing something, I rarely stand my ground even though I'm sure I'm not guilty. Because I'm sure in the long run, she's right about what she said. No matter what the reason, I will eventually end up losing to Mami. Being the 2nd child, I'm not like my brother. He has such a high self-esteem, good with words and at certain times quite rebellious. I know that he succeeds by getting what he wants. I may give up easily when it comes to arguments with Mami. But it's just because I can't bear the thought of Mami getting hurt with my words. I always complain to myself when she hurts my feelings and all. However, I prefer that than hurting Mami's feelings. It's better for me to feel all down for her to feel all hyped.

Whatever happens, I'll love Mami no matter what she does to me. And I'm surely confident that she loves me the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment