Last night, I went through some of Liyana's latest blog posts of which I hadn't had the time to read through before. She posted something about how she'd like her future to be, either at home or at work. It had that essence of perfection in it which shows just how much she wants it to happen.
But if it's one thing I've learned from the many episodes of How I Met Your Mother these past few days, it's that nothing you plan or envision will come out exactly 100% as it is. Robin never ended up being Ted's 'The One'. Barney eventually broke the Bro Code of which he pledged his allegiance. Lily & Marshall never had it easy with their marriage reception and life planning.
However, it is indeed essential for oneself to have a dream to hold onto in order to at least make life worth fighting for. A target. An achievement. A collectible item. And here's pretty much how I'd picture mine...
"One day, I shall go to work with a lack of sleep knowing that I'm about to face tonnes of problems with God knows what company I'm going to work in. I'll endure one of the longest days of my life having to face impatient clients and rude customers only to get spit all over my face. Later, after finding out my car's out of gas, I'd have to push my car all the way to the nearest petrol station before having to get involved with the daily tradition parade called the 'traffic jam'. In the end of the day, I'll reach back home only to be greeted by my daughter, anxiously waiting behind the door with a big hug and smile with a loose teeth, eagerly wanting to tell me how her day was. After having a delightful dinner and helping her with her homework, I'll tuck her into bed, while patiently waiting for her to fall asleep, uttering these few words with a yawn inserted in between. And those few words would be, "I love you, daddy." I'll end up on my bed saying to myself, "This is totally worth it." "
No comments:
Post a Comment