20120709

I Do

I know. It's been technically months since my last post. Frankly, with the likes of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram, it seems a bit unnecessary to update a blog. However, I still find it a necessity to blog in terms of improving writing skills. When it comes to sharing, it's almost as useless as an anchor during a motorboat race.

Marriage. Everyone will straight away imagine flowers, friends, families. A life-changing event indeed. Getting married at the age of 23 shortly after graduating is seriously not an easy accomplishment. A lot has to be thought and planned. But then again, nothing's impossible if Allah does not forbid it.

My parents have suddenly 'popped the question'.

"Im ada girlfriend tak?"
"Tak ada pun."
"Kenapa tak ada?"
"Well, maybe it's because Im baru keluar from an all-boys school."
"Is there anyone in particular?"
"Tak ada pun. Kat Uniten ramai India lah."
"Hmmm. Im carilah girlfriend cepat. Kalau tak, mami carikan. Baik cepat pilih."

*please don't misinterpret. I have absolutely nothing against the Indians*

I sense a hidden agenda going on. I guess the news of my brother's friend getting married made them think of their own children's future. I can't blame them. I have been thinking of having myself a daughter. But I just can't find the courage to do so without contributing something to my parents. I feel like a burden and a failure. I guess the expectations in the family have been increased because of Abg Fathul's achievements. Thus, making me feel that I need to accomplish something for my parents first before even thinking of love. Nevertheless, I'll still put it as a part time job. I don't really see myself getting married after 30.

My writing hasn't been that good nor organized after being absent for months. I'll just leave the rest in the form of visual aids.






No comments:

Post a Comment