20120924

A reminder

3 weeks of holiday. It sounds fun. Guess what? You're wrong. Everyone just enrolled in their respective institutes. Apparently, Uniten doesn't like it when their students have holidays with their friends from other places. At least that's what I think.

Fortunately for me, my weekends haven't gone that dull. The weekend of the first week was spent in KL where my cousin got married. The recent weekend, Wafie was in Kuantan. He came back for his sister's birthday party. Like I said, there were no one around in Kuantan. So, he invited me to 'accompany' him. I'd have to say, his Twitter account was such a nuisance. I was expecting some good old school conversation. However, since he's been tweeting about his daily life in Twitter, there's pretty much nothing I can ask from him. We spent our time together by eating and watching TV. There were only light conversations. I even begged him to talk. But we'll get to that later. In another post I suppose.
*See what I did there? "...post I suppose". It rhymes. I mean... Nevermind*

It was fun seeing how Qistina behaved. She wasn't the shy type. She was.. well.. like Wafie. It was her 11th birthday. Then it hit me. If Baby Wan was still alive, he might be there with me. He could've been Qistina's classmate. I might not spend my semester breaks alone this year. The house might not be so empty with my parents busy with work in the morning. It's funny how I still call him "Baby Wan". I guess he never grew up in our hearts.

I remembered how I cried uncontrollably when I accidentally mentioned him in one of my impromptu speeches in 2009. Despite my constant sobbing, my speech did reach into the audience's hearts. Nowadays, it's easier to control that sadness. It's something I got used to. I prefer not to share it with people, especially new friends. But when I'm forced to, I'd quickly change the topic. As long as they understood that I was supposed to have 5 siblings, that's good enough.

Going back to Qistina, there was this warmth I felt in my heart when she kissed my hand. I don't know. I just felt it. Haihh. It's OK. There can't be too much happiness in one's life. On the bright side, at least I know one of my family member's assured to enter paradise. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment