I can't lie. This week was a bit disturbing. Aida's been very frustrated and she's shared it with me through texting. I don't really feel comfortable when she's all sad and stressed out. I tried to help her out by cheering her up and giving her some moral support.
No. I didn't get to see her at the foodcourt on Wednesday. She was tired and she had tons of work to settle. I offered to bring the foodcourt to her. But she kindly declined and asked me to save my own energy to study. Despite the frustration she's shown through her texts later that night, we managed to end our conversation with a warm goodnight.
The next day, she was quite in the mood. She texted me this which confused me.
When I asked her, she pretended to forget and moved on to another topic.
I've been fasting quite often on Mondays and Thursdays lately. I went and broke my fast alone as usual that day. After performing my Maghrib prayers, I came back to the foodcourt to join Aida and her former roommate. Aida was also fasting. But she was too busy doing her project that she decided to have something heavy later on instead of instantly after the azan.
I don't know how to explain what happened next. But long story short, Aida and I performed our Isya' prayers at the masjid and sat together at a table. As promised, she told me some stories that she promised to tell me. We then just talked afterwards. But our conversation was cut short when her groupmate came and told her some bad news. Apparently, there were some problems with the project and Aida has no choice but to correct it herself. I don't want to share her problems here, but she was indeed very stressed out that night. Her groupmate eventually told me to take good care of her before leaving.
There she was. Slightly frowning with cold eyes. She was indeed not pleased at all with her groupmates' work. Like I've always told everyone before, I'm not good at confronting girls. Let alone consoling one when she's stressed out. Since I always act like a kid with her, I just smiled when she looked at me and offered her the chocolate bar I had in my hand. I told her chocolate helps to reduce stress. She smiled a bit before putting away any sort of work she has.
From what I understand, she wanted that night to be a care-free night. She pretended not to care about her project and continued talking with me. Her eyes were swollen and teary because of the lack of sleep she's experiencing. I shouted at her like a small child whenever she tried to rub her eyes. The evening that was stressful a few moments before started to be so soothing.
I won't lie. There were a few moments when I felt really uncomfortable sitting there with her. There was an Indian couple sitting not far from us. They were actually snuggling with each other. The guy leaning in to the girl.
I did ask Aida a few times if she wanted to leave and go back. But she kept on stalling. From there on I was sure she was using me to release her stress. She wanted someone to talk to. She didn't want to keep everything to herself. Before we knew it, it was already 12:45am. We were in a surprise when we reached the gate.
It was closed. We didn't realize that the gate would be shut closed after midnight. We didn't panicked though. There was a way in. But we had to squeeze ourselves through some openings between some gates.
I had a good time. Again. But I still feel very uncomfortable.
The next day, I found something in my bag that solved the mystery of her confusing texts.
Click here for the 5th encounter.
Click here for the 7th encounter.


No comments:
Post a Comment