20130114

It's not a goodbye

Even if I were to continue my studies in Uniten, it would be at least 5 months before we see each other again. That is if I were to stay as a Uniten student. The thought of me not being here anymore afterwards was the reason why I wanted to give this gift to her so badly. I've been trying to give this gift to her for almost 2 weeks. Apparently, it was the night before she left that I was finally able to give it to her.

She was eating at the foodcourt around 5:30pm. I managed to grab hold of her up until 11:30pm. Yes. We talked for hours. It took me a lot of courage to give this to her. But it was worth it.

At first she was flattered. I then asked her to open it. Once she saw the contents inside, she started to grin. Then she became all quiet. She fumbled with the gift for quite some time before she started to breath in and breath out deeply.

It wasn't really like those asthma attacks. It was more like she was holding back her emotions. Then I heard a rare sniff. I knew where this was going. She was really trying her best to control her face. All those efforts failed when I asked her a question.

"Are you sad?"

She suddenly sniffed some more before lowering her head level with the table. She was quiet. But I knew there were tears. Later she turned around and I could actually hear her cry. What was I supposed to do?

After a while, her phone started to ring and she checked her text. It was a smiley from me. She giggled a bit and then tried to gain control of herself. She then requested to go back. I accompanied her as far as I could.

The background music provided by the nearby restaurant helped to set the mood of the night. I asked if she was crying because she was touched or was it because of sadness. She kept quiet.

Click here for the 6th encounter.

3 comments:

  1. oh btw, of course it's not a goodbye ;) just a simple 'later yeah? :)' hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. *A random quote appears!

    "I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye."

    ReplyDelete