20130511

I love you Mami.

I just called my mom just now to wish her a Mother's Day. Yes. I know. It's not our customs to celebrate it given the history of Mother's Day itself. I am totally aware of it. But let's be honest. Mothers all around the world would definitely be offended if their child/children didn't wish them despite anything.

Frankly, it's been awhile since I called home. My dad's his usual self. I've started to appreciate him more ever since I've started to think of myself as a father in the future. My mom on the other hand didn't sound too pleased. 

"Cubo ekau tengok langit sikit. Tinggi ke rondah?"

I started to get a bit frustrated despite throwing in some laughs in the conversation. She was accusing me of having too much fun and forgetting my roots. All because I haven't called home for a month. You know what? I bet it was barely 2 weeks since I last called home. 

Only Allah knows how I've been waiting patiently in front of my laptop for her to turn on her Skype these past few nights. To get accused like that with a stern voice, I can't help myself from being upset. 

But astaghfirullahalazim. I've already trained myself for 20 years for this. 20 years to cope with the strict attitudes of the Negeri Sembilan natives. I can't let this small incident boil my blood to an extend of hating. 

Just this evening, one of my classmates followed me on Instagram. After checking out his photos, I came to realise that his mother had long return to Allah. Coincidence? More like Allah's way of guiding me. 

I know it's kind of cliche to make a post about mothers when it's close to Mother's Day. But I'm just sharing what I've been through lately. 


Alhamdulillah. Ya Allah Ya Rabbi. I thank You for granting me this beautiful person in my life. I thank You for keeping her near to me throughout all the obstacles in life. Regardless of the frustrations and disagreements, I know it's all a part of Your plan. 

*Al-Fatihah to Anas Saif's late mother. May she be amongst the pious ones.*

No comments:

Post a Comment