Monday.
To understand this story, We'd have to go back two weeks before. 3rd December. I was feeling a bit disappointed with myself that day because I didn't fast. Kak Aida texted me while I was in the middle of class. She asked whether or not I like tuna. She wanted to make some tuna sandwiches for me that day. Long story short, I got myself some handmade lunch by Kak Aida. Now, let's go back to the 17th of December. Using the same tupperware she gave me, I made her a handmade sandwich of my own. I put some bread from a bakery and also some Famous Amos cookies. OK. It wasn't really handmade. I asked a classmate of hers to pass it to her. That night, she texted me saying how delighted she was with the 'sandwich'.
Tuesday.
Class ends at 12:00pm. I was really in the mood to eat some cake. I took the journey to The Mines alone and had myself some nice Secret Recipe cake. I brought two more cakes back with me to Uniten. I gave one to a lecturer of mine, simply because she was really nice to me throughout the whole semester and I felt like giving her some cake. The other one, I gave to Kak Aida. I guess she was actually waiting for me at one of the foodcourt in Uniten. She was there with her old roommate. We chit chatted a bit and I gave her the cake.
Wednesday.
I guess this would be our 4th encounter at the Upten foodcourt. She asked me the previous night if I was going there in the evening. I told her yes because I would be praying at the masjid as usual before eating my late lunch. Also as usual. She then said she would also go there and hinted to meet up. While I was waiting at the foodcourt, she texted me saying the lecturer extended her class and she would arrive after 6 at the foodcourt. I had to go meet someone to discuss about an emcee script at 7. She said that it's OK if I have to go. But then again, I waited with a false hope. Apparently, she came with a drink from CoolBlog. The drink she promised to buy for me before this. Belanja in other words. I asked her why did she buy the drink if she knew I'd left. She said she bought it also with the hopes of me still being there at the foodcourt. So, in other words, we were both hoping to meet up. We talked for a while there before leaving at 6:50pm. She had a class at 8:00pm in the COIT building. My apartment was actually midway through to that building. Instead of taking the bus like I always told her to, she walked with me back to the guard house of my apartment before continuing her journey to the COIT building. It was nice to walk with someone once in a while. The azan for maghrib prayers was heard while we were walking. Complete silence engulfed us while we made our way to our respective destinations. Once the azan was finished, we exchanged goodbyes and parted ways. That night, I was invited to be an emcee for a club I was not fond of. It was indeed a good experience.
Thursday.
Kak Aida's classmate asked me a favor. He wanted me to give Kak Aida back her notes of which he borrowed. Despite my packed schedule for the day, I was able to give it to her as she was doing her revision at the nearby foodcourt. There was an incident of which I'm not sure how to explain. Nevertheless, I felt enticed.
Friday.
I was struggling with my group assignment. Frankly, I think I contributed like 75% of the work. I can't really blame my groupmates. I was too caught up in my own world that I didn't became the leader I was supposed to be. We did contact each other, asking about the assignment. But when there was time to discuss, we opted to finish other tasks first. I became super busy that day. Quite busy that I didn't manage to have a decent lunch. I was also involved in an event where I was the emcee. Luckily for me, I received a text that morning as early as 8:00am asking me "Yes or no?". I knew where this was going, so I replied yes. Then I got a reply stating that I would get 'free breakfast'. Before going for the Friday prayers, I met up with Kak Aida at the administration building. She gave me the breakfast (which was still in the same tupperware) and we parted ways. That 'breakfast' became my lunch when the food for the organizing committee of the event went out. I didn't really complain. What's better than a handmade sandwich?
Click here for the 3rd encounter.
Clcik here for the 5th encounter.
Click here for the 3rd encounter.
Clcik here for the 5th encounter.
No comments:
Post a Comment