20121215

Suhail

I would like to dedicate this post to a dear friend of mine, Suhail.

It was Friday. I was on my way from Uniten to my aunt's house in Damansara. Once I reached KL Sentral, I decided to buy some sweet time and just stay there for a while instead of rushing to Damansara straight away. The traffic at the Kelana Jaya LRT Station at magrhib was by far horrible. I was thinking of making my move after performing my maghrib prayers there at KL Sentral. I had my lunch there. I know. 6:00pm isn't actually considered a lunchtime.

Fortunately, there was wifi at KL Sentral's foodcourt. Like a typical teen, I'd open up the usual apps. Facebook. Twitter. Instagram. What caught my eye was Suhail's tweet. He tweeted a picture of him and his dad with the caption "Farewell, Papa. I love you." At the moment, I assumed that his dad went abroad for some work. But the nature of his tweet was a bit questionable. I then wanted to see if anybody replied to that tweet of his.

They were all sending their condolences to Suhail.

As it turned out, his dad had just passed away. I don't really cry when I hear about the death of a friend's close relative. Not to say I'm heartless. But it's just something that I can't do anything about. However, this was a unique case. I didn't know why I felt this sadness. I was holding back my tears in the foodcourt. Yes, a few people spotted me with my tears trickling down my cheek as I sat alone. The tears however got heavier later.

I called Allyn to ask her what was the cause of death. Her sister, Yaya, was a classmate of Suhail's little brother, Kamil. She just might know. It took me a while to ask Allyn because I couldn't utter the simplest of words. She sounded worried when she heard me sniffing. Yes. I cried. The sadness that overwhelmed me when my brother died came back.

I cried when Wafie called me to ask about where I got the information on Suhail's dad. I cried the moment I kissed my mom's hands just as she arrived in KL that day. I cried when Liyana called me to inquire about what kind of problem I was experiencing at the moment. I eventually got a headache and slept with ease that night.

I know I'm not close to Suhail's dad. But his family's current situation makes the whole thing seem sad. Despite some of his elder siblings already working, his mom was battling cancer. With his dad gone, it would be quite difficult for the family especially young Kaya, only aged 8 this year. I can't imagine if they were all going to be orphans anytime soon.

All I'm asking right now is for everyone to pray for Suhail and his family's well being.

Reminds me of the time I posted death.

No comments:

Post a Comment