20121129

Folding origamis

To really understand what happened, we'd have to go back a few days when it was Saturday.

There were holidays on the previous Tuesday and Thursday. Long story short, we were granted a one week holiday. Despite the long period of time, I was still unable to go back to Kuantan as I had some errands to do in KL. Well, here we go.

It was a Saturday. I texted Kak Aida asking where she was. As expected, she was still in Uniten. She didn't go back to her hometown in Kelantan as one of her lecturers was keen to have a class in between the two public holidays. She told me that she was a bit upset and bored having to waste one good week of holiday. I then told her that I knew how to cheer her up. But she'd have to wait for it.

After what had happened the previous encounter, I was assuming that we might meet up again at the food court that coming Wednesday. Frankly, I didn't even planned on what to cheer her up with. All that was in my head at the moment was origami.

Since my classes end at 12:00pm on Tuesdays, I decided to go out to a stationary shop and browse some items. After considering and reconsidering which places to go, I eventually went all the way to KLCC to find some origami papers. I don't mind going the distance to find some materials. However, I did feel that I was a bit over. I mean, travelling a long distance just to buy a packet of origami papers? That had me thinking the whole night.

After studying that night, my roommate eventually fell asleep. I felt like that was the time for me to start because I didn't really want him to know about my plan. However, I eventually told him a few days later. But enough about that.

It took me 4 hours to make that origami handicraft. I don't know. As far as I could remember, I think it was the nicest looking handicraft I've ever made. In the end, I fell asleep around 4:30am.

The next day, I had some trouble staying up in class. Good thing I didn't have as much classes on Wednesdays compared to Thursdays. So, yeah. Here we go.

I went to the masjid to perform my Asar prayers after class before having my late lunch at the food court. I waited quite a while because she still had her classes at the time. I sent her a text asking if she happened to come to where I was. I wasn't really inviting. But it did have a hint in it. She told me that she had a rough day and was tired, which made me feel bad to drag her. She eventually came despite experiencing some pain in her right leg. To make up for having to drag her, I bought some waffles for her. Strawberry-chocolate flavor. She wanted to pay back, but I quickly changed the topic by opening up a story. She kept on asking. I kept on telling my story. We were like kids at the moment. She ate only half of the waffle and gave the rest to me. I had to remind her every time she had a piece of waffle in her mouth to wipe her mouth. There were chocolate all over her mouth. 20, but eats like a kid. Bare in mind that the waffle was not bitten. It was pinched bit by bit with the hand. I know what you're thinking. Shut up.

We later went to the masjid to perform the maghrib prayers. Then, like previously, I offered to walk her all the way to the bus stop. There, we had some small chat. I showed her a glimps of the thing that I said would cheer her up. She was excited. Of course. But I didn't give it to her immediately. I kept on telling that I was a bit shy to give it to her. Then, I told her I'll give it to her if she agreed to take the bus back to her apartment. Her leg wasn't really in a good condition. I didn't really want her to walk that far. But once the bus came, she stood still and didn't ride the bus. I told her I won't give it to her then. She then came closer to me, getting ready to snatch it. It was 8:00pm. I couldn't see the path behind me. Since I couldn't really run anywhere, I just gave it to her. I wished I wasn't afraid to randomly take pictures of people because at that time her face was epic. It was a face of astonishment. In awe. I knew she was really impressed at what I was able to produce. I quickly told her I'll be making my move because I didn't want her to ask anything more in detail about the gift. We exchanged goodbyes. While I was walking towards the direction of my apartment, I took a few glimpses back to see what she was doing. It turns out she was still standing at the same spot. Mesmerized, eyes still stuck on the gift.

An origami box of chocolates










Click here for 2nd encounter.
Click here for 4th encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment