20130426

How're ya doing there, mate?

It's been 10 weeks since I first arrived here. 1680 hours since I got out of the plane and was introduced to the different weather in Australia. The place that was always synonymous to Steve Irwin when I was small. I used to watch him wrestle with those crocodiles and different kinds of reptiles on tv. It was saddening to hear he died from being stung by a stingray.

10 weeks have passed, and I'm in a state of shock. I never knew it would take me so long to adapt to my surroundings. I don't want to sound sad, but it's just hard to live without my own 'gang'. I've made some friends here and there. But I still go out alone. I still haven't found that set of friends of which I can be real close yet.

My studies haven't been improving. I've chosen a wrong project for one of my subjects. Having an electrical student going through some mining materials does not sound appropriate. It just doesn't mix. I'm being called into the course coordinator's office to discuss on my low Peer Assessment marks given by my group mates. I don't blame them at all. I'm super quiet during our group discussions and I felt like I haven't contributed as much as the others. But then again, my tutor said that my group is his favorite amongst the others. Which adds more burden on me. I don't want to use the fact that I'm outside of my zone to be the reason why I'm not performing. I'd prefer to embrace that as a challenge. However, I don't think I can handle it that well.

I'm not going to say that I'm sad. I'm not going to say that I'm frustrated. I'm not going to say that I'm having a hard time. There's no use crying over spilled milk.

I don't want this to be such a big issue. From now onward, everything needs to be intense.

As usual, here are some pictures of the month.

An unexpected casualty.

A narcissistic picture of me.
 
A project.

Muslim brothers.

Here's a quote from a Seerah class(kelas agama) I had just now.

"The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

No comments:

Post a Comment