20121111

Another talk

November 7th.
I'm not sure why I really want to share this here. And I'm really sure the person(s) who's going to read this is going to push me to do something. Regardless of anything, I'll just accept it with open arms. The comments. The ideas. The thoughts. I'll be open minded.

Everyone who knows what I've been through is most probably tired of what I've said about Kak Aida. In fact, I'm very sure they're disgusted by the fact that I still call her 'Kak' all this time. But that's how it is. I don't plan to change it anytime soon because of peer pressure.

My programming class was from 2-4pm that day. Hers was 3-5pm exactly next door to my class. I went inside her class just to say hello to all my old foundie classmates. Then, I headed off to the university's masjid to perform my Asar prayers there. Afterwards, I went to the food court there and had my late lunch. Yes, I haven't been taking care of my eating habits. Please don't tell me I look skinny everytime you see me. And well, just as I was about to finish my lunch, she texted me asking if I wanted ice cream. She was going to the exact same place as I was, so I agreed. She came with Raymond, a very prolific guy. I really respect him because he was just awesome. In terms of work ethics, leadership and so on, he's just incredible. Together with Kak Aida, they make a reputation as the deadliest coursemates. Well, the three of us had icecream together on one table. Raymond eventually had to go because he was going to Indonesia for 2 weeks to visit his mother's family. Then, there were two.

Like I mentioned before, she was very comfortable with me. She didn't mind at all that I was sitting alone with her. It was 5:30 when she arrived with Raymond. We shared lots of stories from there on. I don't know why it happened. I guess it was because she dared me to become an extrovert to her instead of an introvert like before. I jotted down interesting topics throughout the week so that I won't run out of ideas. I had my maghrib prayers at the masjid as well. Unfortunately, it started raining at around that time. That left us no choice but to stay at the food court a bit longer. This time, I sat exactly in front of her because of the wet seats. It was nice to know more about her and her family (very sure at this point, someone's going to mention wedding bells or anything associated to it). You can't say that her family's boring. 12 siblings. How can that be boring? And she's the 2nd youngest! Talking about a big family.

Then, came the swarm of bees. They were actually just friends, but I think that phrase is just nice as it adds that threatening feeling. Some of my friends saw us. I could see it in their eyes that they were thinking we were an item. I did expect this to happen. But I never knew I would feel so embarrassed like that. Nevertheless, it was indeed an interesting night. I walked her to the bus stop (come on now. what'd you expect? i can't just let her walk all by herself?). But once the bus came, she said she'll just continue walking. Which leaves me all by myself in the bus. I still felt I should have accompanied her because she has night blindness. It was 8:30pm when we finished talking. But the path to her apartment is just too dangerous for me to follow. People would accuse us of doing something bad.

And that's how the day went by. I seriously need someone to talk about this. But I dare not share it with any of my Uniten peeps here. However, people outside from Uniten don't really know the magnitude of the situation here. So, I guess there's always Allah to guide me.

Click here for 1st encounter.
Click here for 3rd encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment